BMW Tire Rotation in Santa Rosa
The rule of thumb for most vehicles to rotate your tires every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. While this is a great place to start and keep in the back of your mind, your BMW actually has its own set of guides when it comes to tire rotation that can be found in your vehicles owners manual! Want more information on what factors impact tire rotation? Our Santa Rosa BMW Service Center is here to help!
Rotating Tires on FWD and RWD Vehicles
According to BMW, when it comes to a front-wheel drive vehicle, power is sent to the front wheels, and with a rear-wheel drive vehicle, the engine’s power is sent to the rear wheels. It might not sound like that would matter, but the wear patterns will depend on which wheels are receiving the power from the engine — and it’s an important reason to keep up with regular tire rotations. Find out more about FWD and RWD tire rotation:
- With both FWD and RWD cars, tire rotation needs to be performed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
- When performing a FWD tire rotation yourself, make sure to flip sides when moving the rear tires. So the rear right tire would get moved to the front left position. However, when moving the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- If you’re rotating tires on a RWD car, invert the process above. Switch sides when moving the front tires to the back, but when moving the rear tires forward keep them on the same side.
- Know that how and where you drive your car, like hitting rough terrain off-roading, will ultimately affect how often you need to rotate your tires.
AWD Tire Rotation Tips
Current guidelines set the standard intervals for an AWD tire rotation at 3,000 to 5,000 miles — this is due to the variable nature of most all-wheel drive systems. Again, always remember to check your owner’s manual for the exact figures for your vehicle.
Why Rotate Your BMW’s Tires?
While extending the life of your tires is the most talked about benefit to regular tire rotations, there are numerous other benefits for Santa Rosa drivers:
- Improved traction on slippery roads due to even tread wear
- Less noise on the road
- Relieves unnecessary stress on the drivetrain
BMW Service Center in Santa Rosa
Your BMW Service Center of Santa Rosa is here to help you through all of your tire rotation troubles! Schedule an appointment online with our BMW service center and leave it to our experts. Contact us at the dealership today with any questions!